Reasons to Sign the Recall Petition
(most current at the top) please go to Links for further information
22. Glover confronts another city staffer and City Manager 8-22-19 and is now restricted as to who he can speak to.
21. Krohn & Glover sharing information from the independent Investigation a couple of weeks before it was released.
REPORT: https://www.cityofsantacruz.com/Home/ShowDocument?id=77385 Released on 8-21-19
20. “Transitional Encampments” back on the list of priorities for City Council in the next 6 months. CCMtg 8-13-19
19. Krohn has advocated for a 3-6% transfer tax over several decades.
18. Ashley Scontriano's 'Common Sense' KSCO 7/17/19, Glover stated he'd like to place a City transfer tax of 12%+ on real estate sales. He also said “don’t be afraid of taxes.” UPDATE: He has now admitted to mistake. Posted on https://m.facebook.com/notes/santa-cruz-city-councilmember-drew-glover/lets-talk-real-estate-transfer-tax/2280224688713929/
17. David Ceppos Consultant from California State University Sacramento’s Consensus and Collaborative Program for the Housing Rental Panel stated (Question 9): Stakeholders described in detail, the recent and ongoing conditions between some councilmembers and described it using terms like “dysfunctional,” “theatrical,” “childish,” “disrespectful,” “embarrassing,” and similar. See 5-29-19 under Reference Links and Documents at www.santacruzunited.com
16. Glover ran his campaign from his office at the Resource Center for Nonviolence, a 501-c-3 organization, which 1. put RCBV’s status in jeopardy and 2. Probably violated rules of the FPPC.
15. At a candidates’ forum on 9-16-2018, Glover defended the vandals who destroyed fixtures in both restrooms at Louden Nelson Community Center, stating that the vandals were just “angry.”
14. Had City staff running research that was directed by Council, creating complete dysfunction of regular City business.
13. Continue to use the “homeless” topics instead of addressing those who are mentally unstable or those addicted to heroin, meth and alcohol and those who hide as criminals in amongst the homeless.
12. Created an RV parking proposal for Delaware with no input from the public.
11. Disrespectful, dismissive behavior towards city staff, Councilmembers or the public who did not agree with their opinions.
10. Both Glover and Krohn supported proposed encampments in neighborhoods with no process or contact with neighborhoods; in fact, Glover used church names stating they would have 50 campers on their property without even notifying the church.
9. Undermining of the City and County agreement by not closing Ross Camp. Keeping the camp open months longer.
8. By supporting Ross Camp, they allowed the health hazards to continue and 5 people died of various health reasons.
7. Glover wrote a declaration and testified against the City Fire Chief and County Health Director in Federal Court recommending the Ross Camp issues could be mitigated.
6. Glover created documents to look like they came forward as City Staff recommendations, creating more confusion.
5. Creating chaos and bullying in city council meetings and encouraging their constituents to disrupt proceedings.
4. They walked out of 2 budget meetings in department presentations.
3. Chris Kohn and Drew Glover have a very narrow agenda with bias based on their personal ideology, which is not serving the majority of our community. While pursuing this agenda they have ignored issues that are important to the majority of city residents (crime, safety, city services, balanced, budget, etc.)
2. Your signature on this petition is giving the community as a whole the chance to make the decision voting on a ballot.
1. The recall effort is coming from many diverse community groups.